Grundy County Illinois Churches

Ambassadors for Christ Pentecostal Church, Morris (2)

Assumption Catholic Church, Coal City (3)

Aux Sable Church, Minooka (1)

Bethlehem Evangelical Lutheran Church, Morris (3), the current structure was built in 1952.’It was originally organized in 1880 as the Scandinavian Lutheran Morris Church and was built in 1884.

Braceville United Methodist Church, Braceville (2)

Calvary Baptist (Southern) Church, Morris (2)

Catholic Church of the Assumption, Coal City (2)

Christian Life Assembly of God, Coal City (2)

Church of Christ, Morris (2)

Church of God, Morris (3)

Church of Hope, Gardner (2)

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Morris (2)

Congregational Church also known as Federated Church of Morris, Morris, built 1867. The building was sold in 1926 to the Masonic Lodge and used it as the Masonic Temple until 1987.

Ebenezer Church, Verona

Faith Baptist Church of Goose Lake, Morris (2)

First Apostolic Church, Mazon (2)

First Apostolic Church, Morris (2)

First Baptist Church, Coal City (2)

First Baptist Church, Morris (2), built 1862 in its present location.

First Christian Church, Morris (2)

First Church of the Nazarene, Morris (2)

First United Presbyterian Church of Morris, Morris (2), the present church was built in 1903.’The Presbyterians organized and built a church in 1856.

First United Methodist Church, Morris (2)

Grace Baptist Church, Morris (2)

Grace Lutheran Church (aka Osmon Church), Morris (3)

Immaculate Conception Roman Catholic Church, Morris (2), Built in 1867.

Kingdom Hall of Jehoviah’s Witnesses, Morris (2)

Lutheran Church Bethlehem, Morris

Mazon Baptist Church, Mazon (2)

Mazon United Methodist Church, Mazon (2)

Minooka Bible Church, Minooka (2)

Minooka United Methodist Church, Minooka (3), organized in 1856 with 19 members. The first services were held in Ferguson’s Store, corner of Osceola & Mondamin Street.’The church was built on its present site in 1866.’A tornado destroyed the church in May 1917 and the church was rebuilt and finished by December 1917. A classroom was added in 1960.’The church was completely remodeled in 1982.'[Source:’Michele Houchens, Three Rivers Public Library, Minooka]

Morris Methodist Church, Morris, built in its present location in 1869.

New Hope Presbyterian Church, Coal City (2)

Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, Morris (1, 2)

Park Street Congregational Church, Mazon (2)

Peace Chapel Assembly of God, Morris (2)

Peace Lutheran Church, Morris (2)

Plattville Lutheran Church, Minooka (3)

St. Lawrence Catholic Church, S. Wilmington (2)

St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Minooka (2)

St. Patrick Catholic Church, Seneca (3)

St. Thomas Episcopal Church, Morris (2), built 1949.

Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Kinsman (3)

Standing in the Word Ministries, Morris (2)

Trinity Church, Mazon (1)

Turning Pointe Apostolic Church, Churches. 85 S. Broadway Coal City, IL 60416

United Lutheran Church, Gardner (2)

United Methodist Church, Braceville (3)

United Methodist Church, Coal City (2)

United Methodist Church, S. Wilmington (3)

Verona United Methodist Church, Verona (2)

West Lisbon Evangelical Lutheran Church, Lisbon (2)


Sources:

  1. USGS Geographic Names Information Systems
  2. Morris Telephone Directory
  3. Morris Daily Herald

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *